Our colleague Claudia Lenz is leaving EWC this fall to return to academia as a teacher educator at MF Norwegian School of Theology. We are very grateful for the important work Claudia has done with research and development since the very first days of the centre, and we wish her all the best in her new position.
Now the centre is therefore currently looking for an expert on education for democracy and human rights. As a leading international centre on education for democratic citizenship, human rights, and intercultural education, EWC's programme activities and services are informed by up to date research and development in this field. The Senior Advisor will have a specific responsibility for this part of the EWC's activities.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Strenghten EWC programming with up to date research and development from the field of education for democratic citizenship, human rights, and intercultural understanding
- Coordinate EWC activities toward higher education institutions
- Conceptualize and conduct trainings, in particular train-the-trainers modules relevant for EWC¿s programmes
- Position EWC as a hub for experts in the field of education for democratic citizenship, human rights, and intercultural understanding
- Provide expertise and policy advice to Council of Europe and national educational authorities in Council of Europe member states
- Give lectures and presentations
- Significant theoretical and practical expertise in education for democratic citizenship, human rights and intercultural understanding
- Relevant working experience from or with higher education institutions, in particular teacher training institutions
- Relevant experience from working as a trainer internationally
- Relevant education at Master's level or higher
- Familiar with European educational policies, in particular Council of Europe as well as Norwegian education policies and practices
- English as a working language, other languages, including Norwegian, are an asset
Please send your application and CV (both in English) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is 26 June 2016, and interviews will be conducted in August.